Sunday, April 4, 2010

Striving.

I watched 'The Clique' tonight. An outlandish story of popular girls and a girl who strives to be popular. At first I laughed because High School is really nothing like that. But I as began to think, I realized, in some ways it is. I guess not really in High School because most people know who they are but there are those who don't. They just want to fit it, and they are willing to do anything to be in the in crowd. I am so so so glad that I have never been that girl, who has tried so hard to fit it that she forgotten her morals and who she really is. She will try things she would have never done before, she would have worn clothes that should once had scoffed. So what is it about being popular that everyone wants to be? Is it the boys? Who really wants those boys? Those boys are willing to give anything to girls because they want action. I guess in a way I do understand the urge to be popular. I understand that you want that attention and that 'fun' but I'd rather be popular because I was kind to everyone. In the end it doesn't matter what I wore that one day or who I hung out with that one Friday. So why try to be so popular when they are only noticed for their clothes or their hair?

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?"
I've always loved this quote from What A Girl Wants because it is so true. Why try so hard to be like everyone else when there is a reason you are different?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, most people have no idea who they are in high school. That's why it's so easy for them to change, they don't have a true personality.