Monday, May 10, 2010

my mom is the best. hands down.

I know, I'm a day late and a dollar short but my mother still deserves a blog post.
My mother is my best friend in the entire world. She always knows just what to do. She is always so kind and generous. At any given moment, she will be there for you. She has spent many late nights fixing my jeans or other articles of clothing that I need the next day but forgot about until then. Whenever I need help with my homework, she is always there, reading the textbook for me. And sometimes I even have to tell her to leave because she is doing too much of my homework and I feel guilty. But I like it.
My mom is amazing with kids, especially her grandchildren! They love her to death. She is always up for babysitting. Even when she has a ridiculous amount of things to do, she still makes time to babysit.
My mother is HYSTERICAL! You would never think it because of how quiet she is, but when she breaks out.. Oh man. so great. They are always stupid jokes (for those of you who wonder where I get all my stupid jokes...) but they always make us laugh.
My mother is always there for me. I couldn't count how many times she has stopped doing something to help me. She is an amazing lady and I would be nothing without her. I love going on our Friday lunch dates. They are easily the highlight of my week. I look forward to them.
I love love love working with her! Lately, I've been working in the back and I've realized how much I miss just chatting with her, telling her about my day and whats going on.
She is always there to tell me I'm boy-crazy, to hang out with me when I have no friends, and to tell me what I should do next.
I've often gone crying to my mom about the trial in my life right then, and she is always there to help me through it and tell me what to do. She always supports me in dance, going to each competition, sitting an hour and a half to see me dance for a minute. I don't think she can fathom how much it means to me that she goes to those, when she has seen the dance at least 10 times already, but to support me.
Taylor Swift often sings about my life, but this song especially hits home for my mom and me.
I'm five years old, it's getting cold, I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you, I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides, look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today


I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you

There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world

And now I know why the all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today.

When I was going through a rough time with friends, my mom did just what the song said. She made me forget. She helped me through it. She offered to transfer schools, even move to get away from the situation. I will never ever forget that time in my life, and her influence.
Without my mom, I would be nothing. She has given me everything I could ever ask for, and more. She truly is my best friend and I love spending time with her. She puts up with a lot with me, but she still loves me and continues to make me laugh.

So mom, thank-you so much for everything you do. I can't explain to you how much you mean to me. You are my best friend in the entire world and I love you to death.

0 comments: