Monday, January 17, 2011

All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. --walt disney

I didn't want to be a football player, or a baseball player, or in the WNBA.

I didn't have the desire to be a dentist, or a doctor, or a teacher.
No, ever since I can remember I've had the same dream.
In the 3rd grade, for career day, other kids thought I was weird when I wasn't dressed as a celebrity or a teacher.
In junior high, each and every year I went to the exact same career day presentation.
Now, in high school, I can finally pursue those dreams.

All I've ever wanted was to be a hairstylist.
It just so happens that both of my sisters went to hairschool, although it's not their career.
But mine will be. I plan on going on to bigger and better things after highschool ends, and hairschool finishes.
Once I get that license in my hand, I'm gonna go fulfill my dreams.

I've dabbled in the art, but I can't wait to learn for reals.
It's the only thing I've ever been really passionate about.
Sure, I'd like to be an actress or perhaps a singer, or even an author.
But this is where I belong. I can feel it every time I do someones hair.

People have tried to discourage me, telling me I need to go to college, I need to take the ACT and that it's not a good career choice. But I won't have it.
To let go of this dream would be to disappoint myself & the only thing I've ever really wanted.

It's so near, I can almost touch it.
Next year, I'll be there.
Not once in my life have I been more excited for something.

We're searching for schools now. I watched a DVD on Paul Mitchell and the excitement welled up inside me.
When the topic of hairschool comes up, you'll see my face lite up and I'll begin to ramble on and on about how next year, I'll be there.

I can't explain my excitement, or how I'm feeling.
All I know is that next year, my dream will finally come true.

3 comments:

Court J said...

I hope hair school is for you!
I often think about going back to doing hair...
because real college is hard & sucky!
You'll be good at doing hair.
And if you ever need a model I will be more than willing, because I know how challenging finding a model can be! Love and miss you Cailey!

Anonymous said...

idiot.
even if you do hair school you should still take the act...

melia said...

wow mister anonymous you arnt very nice (: do whatever makes you happiest cailey! i dont blame ya, i want to do something that i enjoy too since ill be doing it the rest of my life.