Thursday, March 17, 2011

because allowing me one thing would be too much.

Work takes over everything in my life.

Almost every aspect of my life has been taken over, excluding a couple.
1 of those things would be dance.
about 3 or 4 years ago, i started dancing again. I danced when I was like 3, but quit when my best friend moved. but, i've always loved to dance.
even when dancing, i took as many dance classes at school as i could.
i started first with jazz and lyrical.
it wasn't the greatest, but now i'm glad to have done it.
the next year, they started a hip hop class.
from the start, i was obsessed. ( and that is putting it lightly)
I'd finally found my niche. and, i wasn't too shabby at it.
the next year, i BEGGED my parents to let me try out for competition team.
they finally gave in, after we agreed i'd work at the studio to earn my money.
I tried out, and made it.
It was one of the greatest days of my life. I remember jumping up and down in utter excitement, and frantically calling people.
That year I had so much fun.
When you're on that stage, nailing a performance, I can't explain the feeling except euphoria.
Amazing, really. I love performing the dances. I love the hair, the makeup, the costumes, the bright lights, the loud music, and knowing you just nailed a routine.
The fact that I got to perform almost every month was a perk to all the fun I was having.
This year, I decided against competition but still danced.
That is, until today.
Today, I quit.
I took a deep breathe, and walked inside to tell Janet.
I just work too much and don't have time in my crazy schedule for dance.
So, just because it can, work has taken over yet another aspect of my life.
and this time, I feel awful.
I miss it already.

2 comments:

megan ann. said...

How sad :(, I'm sorry. I hate how work has a way of taking over things.

Anonymous said...

dude i know how it feels to tell janet something she doesn't want to hear.. sorry girl thats not fun.