Sunday, August 21, 2011

i always knew this day would come.

The song played on repeat the entire day. Perhaps to comfort me, or perhaps to remind me. Last night it hit me, and hit me hard. I sobbed for a while and went to bed, wishing i could forget that everyone would be gone the next day.
It felt like an omen, us all together one last time. It was just like old times. Lyssa hit me and Stacie pulled my hair. For a moment, i did forget, only to turn to see the tears in alyssa's eyes and have it all come back.

We sat around in my kitchen, all together and making treats. We separated and got back together at Alyssa's house. We laughed, made stupid jokes, and wrote down our future husbands on paper. The box was sealed and a name was drawn. We all wished it would be us. The good luck goes to stacie, until we will all be together once again in st george, utah.

One by one they all left with a hug and tears in their eyes. Eventually it was Ashley, Alyssa, and I. The mere thought of leaving left an ache in my stomach. we made jokes and ignored the elephant in the room. it was finally time to part and i made them walk me to my car.
We stood on the sidewalk for a long time. we hugged tightly and tears were shed. *Rules and promises were made, and finally i took a deep breath and drove away. i was barely down the street before the tears started to stream and my breath shallowed. i ended up home in an empty house, already missing my best friends.

to say this week will be rough for all of us is an understatement.
good luck girls. i love you all.

*rules:
-don't make any friends funnier than me.
-don't forget about me in college.
-text me everyday.
-date boys.

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

hahaha!! well i hadnt cried in 15 minutes, then i read this, and i literally burst into tears. never before have i done that. you're the worst, slash, i love you to freaking death!!