Tuesday, August 16, 2011

i wish you'd never grow up.

As usual, Taylor Swift has a song for what's happening RIGHT NOW in my life.
She was on to something when she pleaded with the little girl to never grow up. I wonder if i had known that all this was coming so soon, if i would have taken advantage of not growing up. I wonder if i would've been immature and hung out too long. maybe i should have been late to curfew and not stayed home that night.

Tomorrow, the turtle box girls will be separated.
megan, the one we all dubbed first to get married got engaged. and i could not be happier for her.
alyssa & ashley are headed to snow.
brooke & stacie begin UVU soon
kate is still finishing her asthetics license.
bro0oke is starting BYU.
as for me, hair school, football, high school, and work consumes my life.

the 'C' word can no longer be avoided.
text messages and phone calls are our main source of communication.
there will be no more walmart runs with alyssa, or sitting on my couch sharing missionary letters.
school will consume our lives, and we'll all grow
up.
Stacie put in it great terms here. (except i will NOT turn your hair green)

to my turtle girls:
alyssa. no matter how funny or not funny my jokes were, you always laughed. you were constantly there and my best friend. you shared your brothers when i missed mine, and i always knew i was welcome in your house. there are SO many memories at your kitchen table. each time something happens, i think; i gotta call lyshk. i can't tell you how much i love you.
megan. i honestly think you made me funnier. our texting conversations were epic. i'm so happy for you and mckay, and i am so stoked for you start this next chapter in your life.
stacie. i feel like all 7 of us joined your family. I feel like, for a while, I lived at your house more than my own. you are always there for a laugh, and honestly i'm really glad you aren't moving out.
brooke. my brookie. i think i made fun of you the most because i knew you could take it. whenever someone looks the least bit down, you're always there. you have the best compliments and always boost my self-esteem.
kate. you and i may just be the same person. we just get each other. an unexplainable connection. our ugly faces may just be the funniest things ever. you and i are out of control together, but that is EXACTLY how i like it.
ashley. you know how i love to make you feel awkward. your family became like my family. i love when your mother tells us about creepers, or when your sister and i go to taco bell. some lucky guy is going to snatch you up right away. you know you have a best friend when they let you sing opera at midnight.
bro0oke. i know you will be brilliant at BYU. i always love when i get to see you. i love your grandma stories and playing in your backyard.

i wish i could explain just HOW MUCH i love these girls.
i already miss them all.

hannah sings my feelings well here and here, as does tswift here.




don't forget about me in college, k?

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm crying right now. Indeed the C word can no longer be avoided, and it's killing me. I love us!

kirsten. said...

Been listening to that song all week. Too many friends leaving.

meg. said...

i've cried all day today.

this made me cry again.